Saturday, June 14, 2008


Well good morning Mercury in Leslieville, it is I, Mercury on Main writing to you. While you are busy fighting off the morning hordes I am left here quietly yearning for your company yet again. I miss your intense gaze in the morning, the scent you leave in my bed, and most of all, your the way you touch my face everyday before we part ways expelling any need to further use anymore words. As I enjoy my morning press of Kenya 'AA' from the Karundu Estate I am reminded of our moment in the raspberry field where you said we would never be apart. We enjoyed a milkshake later that night and I remembered feeling so scared because I didn't know how to tell you that I would be moving. I suppose our finish was smooth but I can't wonder why we both didn't fight it. I guess we were both retaining the fantasy that we'd be back together again one day but as the hours pass I see that happening less and less. I will no doubt eventually grow into my own, and obtain my very own army to appease, leaving no time for departures from my new home. We still have Los Immortales Micro-Lot Finca Matalapa from El Salvador and Fazenda Do Sertao from Brazil in common but I'm not sure if that'll be enough. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I have always loved you and probably always will, but we must go on with our lives. It's for the best.

Yours Truly,

Mercury on Main
Mercury v2.0

No comments: