Friday, October 09, 2009

Hey internet world, this is Matt coming at you from the real world. The very real world. In fact I am writing from the 'desert of the real' in the movie the matrix.


mercury in what is actually the year 2020

I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why, oh why, didn't I take the BLUE pill?
You know, I know this espresso doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize?

Ignorance is bliss.


and that's it for moi!
Go Addy!

Ugh Matt Davey. I'm so glad that guy is gone for the day. Always showing me up with his prettier latte art and stuff. I guess I'm just lucky to work alongside Matt. This has, after all, always been my dream. No, not to be Matt. Brewing exceptional bean oil!

I still recall being a wee lass, so wee I could still fit into the top shelf of a shopping cart, cruisin' through the aisles with my Ma, as if grocery shopping wasn't, in fact, a huge chore (everything was exciting back then, eh?...). Our favourite part was always inhaling the scents of freshly ground coffee in the coffee aisle. Seriously, I didn't even drink coffee back then but my addiction had already begun, from the very first time I took in the simple smell of "alright" coffee. My journey has led me here, and I am so grateful. Barista-ing with cool dudes like Matt Davey, I give thanks, on this weekend of Thanksgiving (unless you're from Amerikuh and don't know when Thanksgiving is), for mindblowing coffee and lovely people to make it for me!


So if you, like my young self shown above, are heavily addicted to the smell of coffee beans, come indulge! Bask in the glory of a legal drug for only a few dollars.

No comments: