Sunday, February 04, 2007

It's 8;13 pm on a frigid Sunday night. I just cupped Idido Misty Valley Natural Ethiopia Yergacheffe (yet another variation on the spelling) roasted by Intelligentsia in Chicago. Idido Misty Valley has some of the best coffee that I've exposed my tastebuds to and this particular one is no different. It's overwhelming my mouth with fruit salad flavours that range from tangy Passion fruit to the subtle flavours of grape drink (not juice exactly but in a good way). Screw the Super Bowl, I got the best half-time show going on here.

Up next, also from Intelligentsia, is the Cruz del Sur Direct Trade Organic Peru. Damn, I think I over brewed it. I was so busy ranting and raving about the Misty Valley that I let the Peru sit for a minute too long. Let this be a lesson to all you french-press novices, one minute can make all the difference. The chocolate notes are incredibly prevalent but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be right. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow and let you all know.


love,

alex

No comments: