Thursday, April 12, 2007


It's a fine day here in Leslieville.
Well first things first....
1. For the next few days we will have a Feature Espresso in the grinder. It's the 49th Organic Espresso from the 49th Parallel Coffee Roasters. It's made of carefully sorted coffees from Brazil, Ethiopia and the South Pacific. Very unique and wonderful on it's own or with milk. Medium body and high sweetness. Well, that's what the package says... so come in and see what you think. I dig it. The espresso I've had from them is some of the best I've ever had (and that's not on the package). So come in, have an espresso, maybe I'll have one too, and then we can both feel jacked all day long!
2. The Canadian Regional Barista Championship is this Saturday (April 14). If you want to see Alex rock to Barons and Lengthy and Matthew roll to Do Make Say Think then be there or be square. So come support the merc, and the guys behind the bar.
3. I went out a few nights ago (anyone who saw me the next morning knows it was a crazy night), and I saw a band I really like.
They are called Mariposa.
They are really swell.
They are my pick of the week.
Go to www.myspace.com/mariposawilleatyou or go to the EP Release @ the NOw Lounge w/ Foxfire Forest April 21st.
4. Barons and Lengthy are playing tonight at Sneaky Dee's (that's Adrian's band...you know the guy who works here with the big eyes and the sharp smile...). Well I'm going to be there...and it's going to be awesome. All the cool kids are going and so can you.
5. The Feature Latte right now is the Yemen Mocha Matari. We think it tastes like a night out with the Merc staff... on second thought it tastes nothing like beer and smokes...
It's more on the chocolaty side of life. Come in and try one.
Well that's all the news that's fit to print. See you at Mercury.
-Alice
that's how I roll.

No comments: