Friday, June 27, 2008


I'm no good with good byes. In fact, if I could ever get away with it, I just leave functions without saying a word to anyone. I figure I'll see them again soon. Yet I must at this point note the significance of the departure of our beloved Berg, Alice.

There's really no other way to put this so simply; Mercury will not be the same without you. Nevermind the endless smiles, the silly-willies, the brilliant anecdotes. Nevermind your beaming personality, loving attention, your cat-like reflexes. You are so much part of Mercury as the beans are. We will endure our amputee condition for a while, endure, but not forget, and then prevail. We must. Such is the way when it rains, we'll get wet knowing that eventually we'll dry off.

Feel free at this point to share your favorite Berg stories.

We'll be holding a Berg-off ceremony at Betty's on King at Sherborne on Tuesday around 5pm. Contact staff for more details.

No comments: