Monday, January 07, 2008

I was having a delicious press of Intelligentsia's Kenya Mathareini Auction lot this evening when those two wicked-cool dudes-- you know, the one with the toque, and the other, with the hair-- came in and got coffee and a ginger cookie. I was like, what? Ginger cookies? Who'd want to put ginger in a cookie? Am I right or what?

Anyway, crazy as it seemed, they were totally into the cookies-and-coffee combination. And they were pretty wicked cool. I thought to myself, "If two dudes this cool could eat a ginger cookie with their coffee, I bet someone normal like me could do it too!" So I did. It was tasty! Thanks for opening up my horizons!

So as the day has grown short for the winter, so have our hours-- a weeeeee little bit. From here until further notice, we will be closing an hour earlier-- 8 o'clock-- daily. (Opening times remain unchanged!) What does this mean for you? It means you have an extra hour every day that you don't have to be here! I know you all love it here so much, but we needed to get you out into the world a bit more. If you're put by 8, then you still have the whole evening ahead of you to go out for dinner, have a shindig, hit the clubs, and so forth, you crazy party people! Oh, don't worry about us! We like to stay at home with the cats. You're young, go have fun!

No comments: